INTRODUCTION TO THE LEXILE FRAMEWORK:
An introductory session that helps lay the foundation for use of Lexile measures at the classroom level. The structure and specific questions that will be addressed are as follows:
• What is the Lexile Framework for Reading?
• What are Lexile measures for students and what are Lexile measures for text?
• Where are you receiving the measures?
• What are the benefits of using the Lexile Framework for Reading?
• Where Lexile tools and resources are available and how do you use them to guide instruction?
K-12 administrators and staff--from both the ESC and ISDs--from the following areas:
- School library & media specialists
- Science Social studies
- Early education
- CTE/Career planning
- Special education
- School counseling
- School improvement