The Direct Certification process is required monthly by the Texas Department of Agriculture (TDA) for all Contracting Entities (CEs) participating in the National School Lunch Program/School Breakfast Program (NSLP/SBP).
The DC Lab setting will be available all day to provide program participants the opportunity to come and go as they wish to work with ESC staff on performing the DC process. Child Nutrition Specialists will be available to assist CEs with the following:
- Completing the CE Import
- Downloading the state’s DC list
- Interpreting the eligibility results
- Potentially increasing the number of categorically eligible students
Who should attend?
Personnel who work with applications, the DC process, or manage eligibility documentation and are needing assistance with Direct Certification.
What to bring:
- TX-UNPS login and password that has access to the Direct Certification/Direct Verification link. Verify the TX-UNPS password has not expired or will not expire on the date of the lab
- A CSV file (in Excel format on a flash drive) of the CEs most recent enrollment with the following information for each student:
Social Security number
Date of birth
Laptops will be provided, but feel free to bring your own if you choose to do so.